Thursday, November 1, 2012

Song for Newvember 1st

Herein marks the beginning of my annual (nominally) song-a-day project "Newvember Songs". Its not great  but it is a song so I guess I'm off to the right start. I wrote today's song about walking to the bank, while walking to the bank. That's right, there is nothing too plebeian for a Newvember Song. Please enjoy but don't listen too closely because the lyrics and the banjo playing are very rough.


"Going on a Walk"

Every smile that we see is a friend to meet in the neighborhood
And the squatters cannot stay in the house down the street for their own good
If you knock on the door to see if little Isaiah can come out and play
I'd love to drop him off at your house but not today

We're going on a walk (You could come with us if you like)
We're going on a walk (You could even ride your bike)
We're going on a walk (Just a walk not a really long hike)
We're going on a walk





No comments:

Post a Comment