Friday, November 16, 2012

Song for Newvember 16th




Here is a French folk song that Addison wrote for Isaiah when he was just a week old. Once again, we recorded in the bathroom because we don't want him to wake up.
I won't write the French lyrics because I don't how to spell them, but here is the translation:

You are my cabbage, you are my flower
You have my nose, you have my heart
You are my son, I am your father

You are my gift in my arms
When I go to sleep I think of you
You are my son, I am your mother

2 comments:

  1. Ah I love this song!

    Tu es mon chou, tu es ma fleur
    Tu as mon nez, tu as mon coeur
    Tu es mon fils, je suis ton père

    Tu es mon cadeau dans mes bras
    Quand tu fais dodo je pense à toi
    Tu es mon fils, je suis ta mère

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it as well! A haunting lullaby :)

    ReplyDelete